Monday, September 29, 2008

Meet with Chinmayi


The day was the one of the most expected day in my life. I was feeling like floating in the skies as I was all set to meet the sweet voice which very often disturbs me in dream- Chinmayi. It was a great event which I never thought would happen. I just posted a thread in orkut in her community and all of a sudden everyone started replying and finally Chinmayi also accepted.

Me, Harish, Vinod started from tambaram and we were joined by Parthasarathy anna in west tambaram and we started to TVS. From there we went to spencers to get a gift for our super singer and from there we reached Amethyst where the meeting was to be held.
We thought around ten members would be there which would be a decent strength. The people who joined with us: Maha, GaneshPrasad, Ramkumar, Karthik, Vivek, Deepan,Aravind(Innocent soul),Vinayak,Karthik,Ramesh Ram. We had totally 13 members and we waited for some five minutes and then we turned back to see chinmayi coming with here mom.

When we gave the bouquet, she said "what formality is this? I said no, right." But she accepted that one. We introduced ourselves. She already knew our name thro this community. She asked us to order something. We said that we had took our lunch already. She asked us to order something. But all the items in the menu was very new to us. They are with different names. We ordered something wat we needed.

Then we started asking questions. But we have not prepared. We asked the questions whichever came into our mind at that time. I first started. My first quetion "How Rahman Sir identified you and made you to sing in that movie?" She said "Singer Srinivas introduced me to him. I participated in the Sapthaswarangal. Srinivas was the judge then. He took me to Rahman Sir. Rahman Sir made me to sing in that movie? My first song is 'oru theivam thantha poove' from Kannathil muthamittaal."

Aravind asked "What about Anbulla snegithi in which you had sung a song". She replied "Kannathil muthamittaal was my first song. But Anbulla snehithi released first. When I completed Kannathil muthamittaal, Mani Sir(Director Manirathnam) recommended for that one. Everyone was very eager to meet the person who was recommended by Mani Sir. It was none other than me."

Aravind again asked "You have been committed for the movie Robo as heroine. Is it true?". We laughed together. Chinmayi too laughed with us. She said "Rahman Sir may call me and ask me to sing a song in that movie. I am not the heroine." (While Aravind asked this question, She did not get tensed or did not get angry at all. She replied quietly for this queston. Very kind of her.) (courtesy : Parthasarathy bro)


We heard lots of things about the happenings of super singer, the marriage plans for chinmayi from her mom and we had lots of fun kidding her and all felt that we were on cloud nine. Right from the first minute she arrived till she left, she and mom maintained a lovely feel that none of us felt that we were with a celebrity guest. It was like a meeting with a friend and we started asking questions to her and then asked our favorite songs to be sung. Looking forward to meet her at regular intervals in future.

3 comments:

reshman said...

You have melodious voice which i have ever heard. I was your greatest fan.

reshman said...

You have melodious voice which i have ever heard. I was your greatest fan.

reshman said...

You have melodious voice which i have ever heard. I was your greatest fan.